Satiating Cravings

I don't know about you, but thanks to perfectly curated Instagram, Twitter and Facebook feeds, the whole "FOMO" thing feels like it's slapping me in the face and causing constant anxiety.

That's why I've decided to come here. This is me, Ali.


I have what feels like an almost insatiable lust for life, for EVERYTHING in life. From passionate men to delicious cooking and good wine to jet setting, I'm basically all in, all the time. Only problem? Well, problems: one, extra funds aren't exactly high. Two, the more wonderful experiences I have, the more I crave them in the future. And three: I'm so aware that this is a problem further fed by my addiction to the beautiful pictures I'm constantly checking online. 

So what to do? I've decided to start practicing some serious gratitude--and that's where this comes in. My goal is to document something wonderful in every single moment, in every single day--even if it's just a tiny thing. Because while I'm a complete lush, I can't live a lifestyle that isn't practical. But beautiful moments can be found even in a practical life. 

I hope you join me as I embrace the tiny, wonderful things life has to offer (and the really big things). I'll be posting pictures and video of my travels, my eats, my kitchen experiments gone wrong, anything and everything. I hope it inspires you to find a little beauty in every moment--cause you can be a lush in any circumstance. 

To kick it off, some beautiful moments from this past weekend:


Me and a NYC friend treating ourselves to matching pieces from the amazing Cat Bird


A pop of color down the street in Brooklyn


Flying into NYC for the weekend during a beautiful sunset


Sunday brunch at Joseph Leonard in the West Village

I'll be bringing you all my thrifty tips for traveling to awesome locations (when you maybe don't have  the extra income you'd like to do so), food and life hacks and more. Join me on this journey as, since we're ALL trying to satiate our cravings and lust for life. 

Comments

Popular Posts